The Philippine bureaucracy, which is composed of civilian and military/uniformed personnel (MUP), has grown over the years. The total number of permanent positions in the National Government (NG) has increased from 1,260,555 in 2011 to 1,878,974 in 2020. Civilian personnel comprise 76.2% (1.4 million) of the total in 2020, while MUP account for the remaining 23.8% (447,763). On average (2011-2020), total NG positions grew at 4.6% annually. Note that it was only in 2020 that the total positions slightly declined due to a decrease of 23,286 in total civilian personnel positions.